US authorities have canceled the benefit of not being interviewed by immigration agents in the application for a B2 visa. This visa is for tourist activities such as shopping and tourism, family visits, or medical treatments. Nonetheless, there´s no need to panic, Visa USA Now has your back.
The new immigration policies of the United States government tightened the requirements and procedures for obtaining a visa for that country. An interview, with an immigration official, will now be mandatory if the expiration of the document exceeds 12 months (one year).
New rules regarding B2 visa renewals
With this measure, the US authorities have canceled the benefit of not going through an interview with immigration agents in the application for the B2 tourist visa. This visa is for tourist activities such as shopping, tourism, family visits or medical treatments, and so on. The B1 and B2 visa is not valid for employment in the United States of America. The latter, according to the information on the United States Embassy´s website.
Another requirement raised by the US authorities is has to do with the applicant´s record, which must be clean. For example, if authorities caught the applicant attempting to enter the United States at any time, that´s a no-no. Or if the applicant had any problems with Customs or the US Border Patrol, that too can be a red flag. The applicant cannot be guilty of any crime while being in the US because he or she will no longer have the right to request a renewal.
The importance of a clean record
"The applicant must not have been arrested or convicted of a crime, deported from the United States, denied entry to the United States, or had other problems or difficulties with US Customs and Border Patrol, trying to enter the United States."
Previously, a person who had had a problem entering the United States could re-apply for the entry document and be subject to the decision of the immigration authorities, whether or not to grant the visa document. The United States government offers 21 types of visas for Mexicans. The US embassy in Mexico points out that this country delivers about two million permits each year. In Visa USA Now we specialize in tourist visa counseling, visit our homepage for more information at www.visausanow.com.
These are the updated requirements that the United States Embassy in Mexico points out.
1. The applicant is renewing a visa of full validity
2. The applicant is a Mexican citizen and is applying with his Mexican passport
3. The person is applying in the same visa category
4. The applicant is returning to the same institution or place of work, as indicated in the previous visa application.
5. The applicant is applying for a BCC, BBBCV, B1 / B2, C1 / D, F, I, J, M, or O visa.
6. The applicant still possesses his former visa.
7. The previous visa expired 12 months ago, from the date of the appointment in the Attention Center for Petitioners.
8. Authorities never arrested or convicted the applicant of a crime. Deported from the United States, denied entry to the United States. Nor has this person had any other problems or difficulties with US Customs and Border Patrol when trying to enter the United States
9. The applicant completed all sections of the DS-160 online application (Non-Immigrant visa)